I once made broccoli like this for a friend and he told me, “Geez if I could make vegetables like this, I’d actually eat vegetables.” The good news is that everyone can make this crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. It’s incredibly easy to make and happens to result in the most delicious broccoli I’ve ever come across, which means that it’s just as easy to convince anyone to eat their veggies, even the pickiest of eaters!
It’s leagues above your basic steamed broccoli. So what’s the secret? Breadcrumbs, parm, and the right oven temp to ensure a crispy-crunchy exterior and tender middle.
All you have to do is toss some broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic, grated parmesan, and some breadcrumbs and spread them out on a baking sheet before sliding them into the oven for just under twenty minutes. It’s about a minute of actual effort for what just might be the best broccoli of your life.
They bake at 425°F, which is high enough to crisp up the breadcrumbs, the cheese, and most of the buds on the broccoli while leaving the interior toothsome but tender. I used to steam my broccoli because it was routine and easy, but since trying this method I’ve never gone back – it’s just too good. (And just as easy)
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
25 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, olive oil, garlic, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread broccoli out on baking sheet in an even layer and sprinkle any remaining breadcrumbs and cheese over the top.
- Bake on top rack for 18-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Butter Your Biscuit.