Keeping creativity in your dinner plans night after night can be challenging, but a dish like our Shrimp & Asparagus Angel Hair Pasta makes it easy to add something new to your routine, and it will only take you fifteen minutes to do so. But most importantly, with its balance of garlic-herb flavor, plenty of veggies, and tender shrimp, this little dish is not only healthy, it’s also utterly delicious.
You start by cooking the shrimp, which only takes a couple of minutes until they’re nice and pink. They come out of the pan and hang out while you cook the rest of the components.
Asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, and green onions head into the skillet where they cook until they’re tender but crisp. (That’s just another five minutes.)
Some white wine and a few dried herbs form a quick sauce and then the shrimp, some spinach, and tender angel hair pasta are tossed in it until everything is coated in garlicky, herb flavor.
A little Parmesan and lemon juice over the top tie everything together beautifully and dinner is done!
While there’s a lot of flavor going on here, it’s a dish that couldn’t be easier to make. It’s perfect for a last-minute weeknight meal, but it’ll do just as well for date night.
Shrimp & Asparagus Angel Hair Pasta
15 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 3 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper flakes. Cook until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining oil, followed by the mushrooms, asparagus, tomato, garlic, and green onion. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and spinach. Return shrimp to the pan. Add drained, cooked pasta and toss gently. Cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.