A bubble up is a bake that’s topped with lumps of dough (usually canned biscuit dough) and as it cooks all the juicy goodness beneath it bubbles up and infuses the dough with flavor. There are countless versions: cinnamon roll, breakfast bakes, lasagna… but this one here is hard to beat.
Chili. Cheese. Dog. Bubble Up.
See, we’ve all had a chili cheese dog. We all know the delight of a savory hot dog topped with spicy chili and melty cheese. And they are gooooood (albeit a little bit messy). Now, imagine that you take those fine ingredients and combine them in a baking dish where you top them with herb buttered biscuit dough and let it all bake together until it’s one bubbly, simmering dish of goodness.
There’s tender buttery biscuit morsels, meaty hot dogs swimming in flavorful chili, and a whole lot of ooey gooey cheese.
Yeah, we thought so.
Chili Dog Bubble Up
30 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cans chili
- 8 hot dogs, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour chili into baking dish. Add hot dog pieces and mix well. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Open the biscuit dough and separate. Cut each biscuit in 4 pieces. Spread the pieces evenly over the layer of cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley and mix well. Brush the biscuits with butter mixture.
- Bake until biscuits are light golden brown and cooked through, 20-22 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!