You guys. Chicken. Bacon. Ranch. Bubble Up.
Let’s break this down.
1) Chicken-Bacon-Ranch. It’s a combination everyone loves. Creamy and crunchy, and filled with the flavors of cool, creamy ranch and smoky, crispy bacon. There’s just a whole lot to love there.
2) Bubble Up. What’s that, you ask? A bubble up is kind of like a casserole… well, an easier, modernized, fun casserole. Morsels of refrigerated biscuit dough (or dumplings, or breadsticks, or even pretzel dough) top a delicious saucy concoction in a casserole dish, and as it simmers in the oven, the dough plumps up and the sauce below “bubbles up” and surrounds the biscuits with flavor. There are lasagna, chili cheese dog, and dessert versions… but we absolutely love the flavor combo on this one!
And this fun dinner couldn’t be easier. Cooked chicken is mixed with crispy bacon and ranch dressing in the bottom of a baking dish before it’s topped with torn up biscuit dough and baked in the oven. A hearty sprinkling of cheese goes on before it spends a few more minutes in the oven to become all melty and ooey gooey and voila, dinner! That’s awfully easy prep for a meal that the whole family raves about. Make this one tonight!
Chicken Ranch Bubble Up
40 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups ranch dressing
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Add cooked chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing to baking dish and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove biscuits from can, then cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Spread biscuit pieces evenly across the top of the baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until biscuits are browned, 20-25 minutes.
- Add cheese to the top of the biscuits and return to oven until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!