Yes, this recipe is everything it sounds like – so good you just might elicit a marriage proposal! Either that, or get your spouse to say, “Marry me again!” What makes this chicken recipe so special? It could be the sun-dried tomatoes, the heavy cream, or the parmesan cheese and garlic combo. Maybe it’s not one ingredient, but the seamless blend of everything that makes up the thick, creamy sauce full of flavor.
One taste of the basil, thyme, cream, and tasty sun-dried tomato mixture, and you’ll be hooked. So will everyone else. This delicious meal only takes 30 minutes to prepare, which means you can have dinner on the table in no time!
I’m all about this creamy sauce. Yes, the tender, juicy chicken is nice, but let’s be real. The chicken is merely a delivery system for the thick and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce.
If you’re in the mood for dinner that looks and tastes like you spent all afternoon on it, but really only took half an hour, this is the recipe for you. I don’t know about you, but I like impressing friends and family with food that is deceptively easy. Don’t worry; I won’t tell anyone your secret!
Marry Me Chicken
30min to prepare serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add oil to a large cast iron or oven-proof skillet, and place over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth and heavy cream, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes and parmesan and return chicken to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Top with basil and more parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Modern Honey.