Are you looking for an easy, delicious dinner to spice up your week? Seriously, forget the food rut – we’ve been singing the praises of the instant pot since we first got ours and learned of its magical sorcery. Whole chickens cooking in record-breaking time, potatoes cooking in under 10 minutes?? We’re constantly trying to wrap our mind around the greatness that is this appliance, so we’re always thrilled to be able to add another go-to meal to our recipe box…lucky for us, this instant pot bang bang shrimp pasta was an immediate winner!
If you’re looking for a little kick, this meal is just the thing for you. With a creamy sauce, this dish is flecked with garlic and chilis (thanks to a sweet Thai chili sauce), and full of tasty shrimp, brightened up by freshly squeezed lime juice. Not only does this dish taste incredible, but it also only takes 15 minutes to make – can you believe it?? Now, you could easily cook this the old-fashioned way, boiling your pasta and sautéeing your shrimp on the stove before stirring everything together, but the instant pot makes this dish a BREEZE to put together.
The pasta cooks in there, as does the shrimp, so there’s really no excuse not to pour yourself a glass of wine and relax while this cooks! And then when you’re ready to serve it up, you’ll be met with impressed responses from your family and friends, with them this was way more complicated to make than it actually was…at least, that’s what happened with our friends the first time we made this!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
20 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can use frozen and thawed, then drained)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly chopped (on the diagonal)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and sriracha
- Combine spaghetti, garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 4 cups water in instant pot, then seal lid and set to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release steam, then stir shrimp and mayo chili sauce into pasta. Set instant pot to sauté and cook mixture for 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp os light pink and opaque.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve with green onions and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from A Spicy Perspective