Ready for a healthy, gluten-free option made with ingredients you probably already have on hand? This is the recipe for you! I have a bit of a sweet tooth, and while I love indulgent desserts, my waistline sure doesn’t. It’s nice to have a healthy snack recipe on hand that still satisfies my sweet tooth, but also cuts down on the empty calories.
Not only are these beauties healthy and gluten-free, but they are ridiculously easy to make. Usually, gluten-free recipes call for all sorts of alternative ingredients to replace the flour, but not these muffins! Bananas, eggs, and peanut butter make up the base of this delicious recipe.
Simply add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a blender and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin and bake for 8 minutes. You’ll have a healthy, scrumptious little breakfast or snack ready in no time.
The protein from the eggs and peanut butter help keep you full longer, and the fiber from the bananas help to regulate your digestive system. The chocolate chips… well, those are just for fun. Who says healthy food can’t be a little indulgent from time to time? All in moderation, right?
These muffins come out a little more dense than regulat muffins, but I think that makes these muffins seem like even more of a treat. Almost like a little brownie bite instead of a gluten-free muffin. What’s not to love about that? Go ahead and check out this quick, healthy recipe!
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins
15mins to prepare serves 12
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a mini muffin tin with butter or nonstick spray.
- To a blender, add the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Thirty Handmade Days.