With Thanksgiving less than 2 weeks away at this point, I’m sure there are more than one of us who are low-key freaking out over the food. I mean, it’s completely understandable, it’s a lot to do for one person. I myself am no stranger to serving dinner for 15+ people at a time, and I still freak out over all that needs to be done. But with Thanksgiving in my sights I’m taking it easy this year – I’m just doing a roast turkey breast and forgetting about the whole bird.
Let’s face it, roasting a whole turkey can get pretty intense. Not only do you have to make sure it’s defrosted properly and on time, but it also has to taste good. No amount of gravy will ever cover up the fact that you cooked an under-seasoned bird. And in recent years, people have begun to move away from the traditional roast turkey. People now are more willing to try different types of cooking such as deep frying or smoking their turkeys. They’ve even tested out different kinds of seasonings. And that is how the hot Cheeto turkey has come to be. If you love hot Cheetos and this sounds like your kind of new Thanksgiving Day tradition, then you’re in luck – we’ve got the recipe and steps below:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place hot puffed cheese sticks in a food processor and process until fully crushed. You can also add to a zip-top bag and roll with a rolling pin until completely crushed.
3. Brush oil or butter on turkey then coat with the crushed chips.
4. Add 1 tsp of flour to the Reynolds® Oven Bag and place in a large roasting pan that is at least 2 inches deep.
5. Carefully slide turkey into the oven bag. Be sure the opening of the bag faces the end of the roasting pan, and not upwards. The bag should be inside the pan, not hanging over the edges of the pan.
6. Close oven bag with the included nylon tie and cut six 1/2 inch slits in the top of the bag.
7. Cook turkey till it reaches 165°F in several places. Remove from oven and let stand in oven bag for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
8. Cut open the top of the bag. Carefully lift turkey from bag and place in a large baking dish or pan with at least 2” sides. Return turkey to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes in order to crisp the coating.
And there you have it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!