Mmm, desserts are one of life’s simple pleasures and always have a way of cheering us up especially if they’re ridiculously easy to make. Normally, making a dessert entails getting the mixer out, preheating the oven and then restlessly waiting for what seems like an eternity while there’s magic happening in the oven. With these no-bake cookies you don’t have to worry about any of that! These chocolate (and peanut buttery) cookies are truly delicious and if you can manage waiting 10 minutes while they cool (we won’t say anything if you pop them in the freezer!), you’ll be happy campers in no time! Speaking of campers, this is also a great recipe to get the little ones involved in! Perfect for everyone, don’t wait to make these no-bake treats!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, optional
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and book for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in oats, vanilla and salt (and peanut butter, if using) and stir vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined and coated.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to drop equal amounts of "batter" onto parchment paper.
- Let cool and set for 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an air-tight container for 7-10 days.
Recipe adapted from Saveur