This flavorful broccoli salad is a fun alternative to chicken salad or potato salad. Even better, it’s easier to make and more nutritious thanks to the vitamins and minerals packed into the broccoli. Try it once and you may never have to fight your loved ones to eat their vegetables ever again!
Don’t be surprised if your family requests this salad over and over, as the added flavors and varied textures help transform what is typically a plain vegetable side dish into the star of the meal. Make your dinners and barbecues more exciting with this simple recipe that has three steps and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare…. A side salad never sounded more appealing!
Creamy Broccoli Salad
30min, plus 1 hour to prepare Serves 4-6
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, onion, cranberries and sunflower kernels.
- In a separate bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together.
- Pour the dressing over broccoli mixture, tossing to combine. Let marinate in the fridge an hour or two before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Yummy Healthy Easy.