If you’re looking for a dish to impress friends and family, look no further than this roasted chicken smothered in creamy dill sauce! This mouthwatering dish comes together in just 30 minutes, but it will taste like you spent all afternoon perfecting the sauce. Once you pop the chicken in the oven, get to working on the sauce. Garlic, butter, and white wine combine with sour cream and dill to make this chicken dish a meal no one will soon forget! Serve over rice or pasta, or just have the chicken and sauce with some crispy garlic bread for dipping. Trust us, you’ll want to drink this creamy dill sauce!
Chicken With Creamy Dill Garlic Sauce
30 min to prepare Serves 4-6
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 500, and line a shallow baking pan with tin foil and cooking spray.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on baking pan and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the dill sauce by heating oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and chicken broth, bringing everything to a boil. Mix in the sour cream, dill, and butter. Stir until butter is melted.
- Scoop out a few ladles of broth mixture into a small bowl, and add flour. Whisk to combine, and pour back into the skillet. Stir, and let simmer until chicken is done.
- When chicken is cooked, chop into strips and place on a platter. Pour creamy dill sauce over the chicken and serve with rice or pasta.
Recipe adapted from Jo Cooks.