Okay, you might be a little skeptical of the wonders of a five-minute pie (or you’re like us and automatically love it and think it’s genius), but let us expound this delicious dessert for you…. Pies usually make us think of hours spent in the kitchen, fussing over pie crusts, or worrying that our fruit filling might be too liquidy, which is why the thought of a pie that comes together in under 10 minutes is so amazing.
With just five main ingredients, four of which you’re likely to have on hand, and 5 minutes of prep, this dessert quite literally could not be easier. Mix your fruit, pudding and sour cream together, then pour mixture into the crust. Easy. Refrigerate until set? Super easy. Spread on a creamy layer of whipped topping, then let set. Ridiculously Easy. While it might seem too good to be true, trust us, you’ll be blown away when you slice into this pie and take your first bite. It’s perfectly sweet, without being cloying, and the crushed pineapple adds fantastic texture. This dessert is not to be missed!
5 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive to prepare serves 8
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, juices reserved
- 1 graham cracker crust, store-bought or homemade
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- frozen whipped topping, as needed
- maraschino cherries, garnish
- canned pineapple rings or fresh pineapple, garnish
- Combine crushed pineapple (and juices), sour cream and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and spread into an even layer.
- Place pie in refrigerator and chill for 30-40 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from fridge and gently spread frozen whipped topping over the top. Optional: refrigerate 15 minutes until set. Decorate with (drained) pineapple rings, if using, and maraschino cherries.
Recipe adapted from Mother Thyme